Hello again! As previously mentioned, I will have a new post up at the end of this week.
Today I just wanted to share this poem. It’s by ALPHAMAMA, and it is Divine ❤
WATCH HER VIDEO HERE ON FACEBOOK.
These are the words:
Love is a decision, and some decisions are wrong
But when are you gonna learn girl, that you can’t make them meet you there
When you’re giving 100% but they don’t know the value of your wholeness
Guess what – he doesn’t need you, he needs himself
If you are a strong integrated magical being who can stand up and look anyone in the eye with power and pride
And he can’t rise above the sum of his experiences
Then how would he begin to know what you could add to his life?
It’s not his fault; you just don’t know what you don’t know
I know you see the best in him, but you can’t deny the rest of him
And you can’t continue testing him and measuring his answers when they don’t add up
It’s not that he’s just not that into you, it’s that his not into himself yet
He’s scared of his own power and greatness and wants to stay small, and that’s okay
But not for you.
You’re offering a starving man a diamond
But he can’t find the opportunity there because, you can’t eat a diamond
And girl let me tell you this – you. are. a diamond
Endured the condensed weight of your process and experience
That transformed your darkness into brilliant resilience
In a trillion, you are ONE
But some people still want to feel numb and you are Life itself
So go give your life to the sky
Go shoot your beams to the moon and grab your kisses from the stars
Go love the trees and let their leaves stroke your face
Go tell yourself that you’re free and then dance naked to the beat of your own racing heart
Your rhythm is too perfect to slow down for anyone
Your dance is too expert to partner with a beginner
Your life is too precious to waste, waiting for someone to step up and meet you where you are
No Queen, you do not need a King, you do not need a thing
You have all that you are, and that, is enough.
I just wanted to share this clip packed with wisdom with you 🙂
I barely had a summer vacation period, but my year – really, next two years – of creative work (film, art, writing, poetry, etc) and service official starts tomorrow. Spending this evening getting spiritually centred, and this is my mantra:
I have the blessing of the Divine. Feeling tremendously grateful.
How I feel about this blog, and my life. Thanks for the reminder 🙂
Last year, this was my simple resolution, set out in the post ‘New Year Resolution: Pure Connection‘:
After several years of trauma and clinically healing from it in 2015, in 2016 I needed to practice remembering I am never alone and that everyone and everything I need (and that is for me), I am connected to; I just needed to let go and align with presence.
This resolution was successful 🙂
So I am doing it again in 2017, with this addendum:
I will love and cultivate my body, without conditions.
Starting today with a BIG healthy breakfast, yoga posture exercises, cardio + strength workout session, and afro hair pampering session.
Other than that I’m going to work on being responsible and stable, pursuing my dream career, and loving the Divine.
Here’s to pursuing and living the life of my dreams in this disabled, scarred, resilient, beautiful body. May it be so.
And here’s to all healthy resolutions you set for yourself this year!
Wishing you success and wellbeing in 2017.
Saw this on twitter; a reminder that this season is hard for so many:
And here are some articles for those who do find themselves alone during the holidays. VOLUNTEERING is a suggestion that comes up in many of these kinds of advice articles, and it is a great suggestion in general for those who feel disconnected in some way; even if you are not physically alone.
This may be a little woo woo for some, but as an intuitive empath I desperately needed the message in this video – every word of it.
I am still learning to set energetic boundaries; but there is plenty of wisdom in this that I will be implementing these holidays, to clear myself for the wonderful new year ahead 🙂
This is a summary of what the brother says in the video, with some additions – his 5 tips for deflecting other people’s energy, setting healthy boundaries (and attracting YOUR people into your life):
1) STAY 100% TRUE TO YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, AND ACCEPT YOURSELF COMPLETELY. This authenticity should be your foundation. Everyone is here for a different reason; some will resonate with you and others will not. Some will resonate with you at one point then disappear from your sphere. Do not worry about this; as Will Smith said, “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you. And stay.” Your authentic vibe will attract your authentic tribe, essentially.
2) REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN CHOOSE WHO GETS UNDER YOUR SKIN AND INTO YOUR INNER TEMPLE… and who doesn’t. This is the one I really need to work on; remembering what my needs are, and giving access only to the one who meets those needs.
3) ANYONE THAT PAYS YOU ATTENTION IS A POTENTIAL ‘ENERGY VAMPIRE’; YOU’LL KNOW THEY ARE ONE (OR HAVE BECOME ONE) IF THE THOUGHT OF THEM CAUSES YOU HARM. If this is happening, it is time to shift your attention away from them, to return to inner balance (focusing on number 1 is key). This doesn’t mean they will always be a ‘vampire’; it may just mean that the dynamic has become unhealthy and some space is needed to reset the relationship, find those healthy boundaries again.
4) BREATHE, AND MOVE, AND PHYSICALLY SHIFT THAT ENERGY; MIND YOUR POSTURE TOO.
5) TAKE 100% RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ENERGY; YOU ARE EXPERIENCING IT, WHICH MEANS YOU ARE CO-CREATING IT. We co-create it through the thoughts that create the negative emotions; so we need to cease those thoughts and replace them with nourishing ones. Pay attention to Self affirming things. Then detach from those folks that are co-creating that energy for you by LOVING YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF with affirming environments (basically, work on number 1!)
Additionally, I have learned that it is important for intuitive empaths to remember that we don’t need to (and mustn’t) shut people out in order to “protect” ourselves from the energy of others; all we need to do is LOVE AND NURTURE OUR OWN AUTHENTIC SELVES.
Fill our own cups to the brim, so that we can be present for others without absorbing them.
A gifted holistic counsellor and energy healer I have been seeing this year warned me that for a long time (since the beginning of my teens, actually) I have operated in the world with a deep seated belief that “I am not worthy”… specifically of food. Anyone who has met me will have noticed I am quite slender. During my teens, I developed an eating disorder (whilst I was being treated for a tumour… the worst time to develop such an issue). It had nothing to do with thinking I was fat (although I did have dysmorphia); it was instead a form of self harm, self punishment and control. Though my (non)eating habits were most severe during that period of my life, I have essentially been under-eating for years because of this deep seated belief. This belief has been blocking abundance, creative expression, and even love from other people my whole life; counsellor made it clear that I need to “heal my relationship with your body and food”, in order to break this self imposed curse, and completely unleash the creative power I have within me.
I’ve realised since that session with the counsellor that my lack of nourishment/care of my body is also responsible for my tendency to be completely overpowered by pain energies – both my own and others. I have a tendency to attract people to me that need both healing and awakening; being an intuitive empath, I naturally want to help those that come to me; it is part of my purpose to do so. But without a strong foundation (my body), I find myself drowning in the energies of the other; and my physical condition actually worsens. This has happened to me every year for the last 8 years. It has happened again this year. Weight loss, and related physical abnormalities. Every professional who works with my body has noticed. And I have received sign after sign that this is the vital work I need to do right now: love and nurture my body, and heal my relationship with it.
So I guess I have my number one resolution for 2017 sorted! 2016 was all about ‘Pure Connection‘; this has been a miraculous year for such connections and healing the misperception of aloneness that followed the intense trauma of my previous abusive relationship.
Now that I truly know I am not alone, 2017 will be all about working on my foundation – my body – feeding her, nourishing her, enjoying her – to allow the abundance, the love, and the creative expression that has been dying to come out for years to flow through me.